What class should I take?
If you're not sure which class is best for you, look at the map.
- If you want to see class descriptions and costs, check out our COURSE CATALOGUE (click here).
- If you're looking for private college counseling, you should go to our COUNSELING PAGE (click here).
- if you're a high school graduate, your best bet is a private or custom class. Email us at [email protected] and we'll see what suits you best.
Fall Class Schedule
We have 16 classes across 16 weeks of instruction.
Dates (two-hour classes, one per week):
- The summer session ends on August 11, 2023.
- Starting date: August 21, 2023 (Monday).
September 4, 2023 (Labor Day, Monday). All missed Monday classes will be offered a makeup class on December 18 (Monday).
November 20-26 (Thanksgiving Week, Monday to Sunday).
Ending date: December 17, 2023 (Sunday).
- Our Tustin classes are located at 2682 Walnut Avenue, Tustin, CA 92780.
- Our Thousand Oaks classes are located at 1459 East Thousand Oaks Blvd Unit G, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362.
- Our San Marino classes are located at 2549 Huntington Dr #101, San Marino, CA 91108.
- Our Encino classes are located on 5300 White Oak Avenue, Encino, CA 91316.
- Our Seattle classes are TBA--we intend to open in Fall, but we need sufficient demonstrated interest through signups.
- All our online classes are held over Zoom. You'll receive a Zoom link after registering.
- To register for our other sites, go to our partners directly (instead of through us). Their contact information is found on our PARTNER PAGE (click here).
- If unforeseen circumstances occur (including but not limited to a coach's car breaking down an hour before an in-person class or an outbreak at an in-person site), ModernBrain reserves the right to move up to two classes per semester from an in-person to an online class. ModernBrain will alert the impacted families to the change ASAP.
Health and Safety:
- ModernBrain endorses the use of great health resources like the Covid Safety and Planning Guide from the IUSD and materials provided by the Orange County Health Agency. Please click here for more information.
- We mandate that all in-person teachers and students follow the masking rules and health and safety guidance of the local school/district.
Tustin Classes (All Times Pacific)
Online Classes (All Times Pacific)
Thousand Oaks Classes (All Times Pacific)
San Marino Classes (All Times Pacific)
Seattle Classes (All Times Pacific)
Encino Classes (All Times Pacific)
Register for Classes
Here are your final steps! Please follow them closely.
- Click on the link below and select your class(es).
- Select the times and locations for your class(es) from the drop down bar.
- If you believe you're entitled to a discount, write us a message at [email protected]. We'll send you a coupon--personalized to you--to deduct the cost of your credit from the classes you want to select. Our coupon-based discounts include:
- Sibling [10% off the less expensive class if two students from the same household register for classes in the same semester, not including private sessions]
- Multi-class [20% off the less expensive class if the same student registers for classes in the same semester, not including private sessions]
- College counseling [our mentees get 5% off other classes if they've signed up for one of our college counseling packages]
- Prior class credit
- You must sign up and pay for a class at least 48 hours before attending that class. If you would like to purchase a class and attend class the same day, please call us at 1-707-466-6686. We need this time to make sure there is room in the class and, if not, to add another teacher.
- Pay for your class(es). You'll receive an email confirmation.
- Roughly a week prior to the class's start time, you'll receive a welcome email with any additional information you need to participate (if you're registering after the class's start time, this timetable will vary).