ModernBrain Sweeps the National Online Forensics League (NOF)!Oct 17, 2022
Click above to watch a video compilation of ModernBrain at the Irvine Global Village festival, where several of our students performed and volunteered (including Jennifer, Grace, Luna, Anna, Max, Dora, and Yaphet). If you're one of the hundreds of families we met there, welcome to our website!
Over 150 of our students have won a public speaking award since late July of 2022. We're training more students at a higher level than ever before. Our community saw that last week, when we competed in the National Online Forensics League's October tournament and won awards in every category we entered, outperforming the 26 other teams in attendance.
- Melody was 3rd in elementary Congress.
- Thomas was 2nd in elementary Platform.
- Rena was 1st in elementary SPAR.
- Meera was 1st place in middle school Impromptu.
- Seoyun was 1st, Anya was 2nd, and Avelyn was 4th in middle school Platform.
- Meera was in 1st, Vivian was 4th, and Annie Yu was 13th in middle school SPAR.
- Anya was 1st and Karis was 5th in middle school Interpretation.
- Jasmine was 1st in middle school Lincoln-Douglas.
- Meera was 1st and Vivian was 4th in middle school Declamation.
- Kelly was 1st in high school Impromptu.
- Krishnni was 1st in high school Platform.
- Krishnni was 4th in high school Interp.
- We won championships in Declamation and Student Congress, as well as top placements in Spontaneous Argumentation (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th) and Impromptu (2nd and 3rd), at the Southern California Junior Forensics League's elementary school competition.
- We won a bunch of awards (three elimination round competitors in novice Lincoln-Douglas, three in varsity Lincoln-Douglas, runners-up in varsity Policy Debate, and runners-up in varsity World Schools debate) at the Damien competition.
- Our NorCal students excelled at the Stephen Stewart competition (two finalists--one of whom is an eighth grader--in Impromptu and the top speaker in Lincoln-Douglas).
- Our students from Polytechnic awarded at every level (JV champions, varsity quarterfinalists, and novice quarterfinalists) at the Westminster Policy tournament.
- Our middle schoolers succeeded at the Georgetown tournament (we had both finalists--co-champions--as well as three top speakers in JV Lincoln-Douglas; all 12 of our Public Forum competitors made elimination rounds).
- Our SoCal students performed superbly at the Claremont Bargain Belt tournament, where they awarded in novice Congress (3rd), novice Oratory (2nd), open Dramatic Interp (5th), open POI (3rd and 5th), novice Public Forum (4th Speaker), and novice Declamation (1st).