Spring 2023 Class Schedule/Registration Is Up!Nov 01, 2022
We promised we'd have our spring 2023 class schedule ready earlier than ever--and we delivered!
Here's our new schedule. As you can see, our classes begin on January 9 and end on May 22.
- We've clarified our Lincoln-Douglas Debate tracks (we now have Intro to LD classes for 7th-12th graders, JV LD classes for 7th-12th graders, and Nationals LD Team classes for 9th-12th graders).
- We've also expanded our college enrichment class offerings by adding a new FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) Competition Class for high schoolers.
Over 190 of our students have won a public speaking award since late July of 2022. Here are some highlights from our recent results.
- Our mock trial students, co-coached with the Stoooges/Peer Potential Mock Trial Association from China, took 2nd and 3rd place (losing the final round on an unprecedented tiebreaker after going undefeated in preliminary rounds) at the Empire Eclipse competition, winning three outstanding attorney and witness awards.
- Our World Schools debate students from Polytechnic tied for 1st place at the Blake tournament. They also earned a policy TOC bid at the Meadows tournament.
- We won awards in every category we entered at the Southern California Junior Forensics League fall debate tournament (Congress, Public Forum, and Lincoln-Douglas).
- We excelled at the Professional Speech and Debate Association Fall Classic, where our elementary students won 1st in every category (Storytelling [1st, 3rd], Oratory [1st, 2nd, 3rd], Declamation [1st, 5th], Informative [1st, 2nd, 3rd], and SPAR [1st, 3rd, 4th]), our middle schoolers awarded in every category (Oratory [2nd], Declamation [2nd], Informative [1st], Impromptu [3rd], and SPAR [4th, 5th]), and our high schoolers awarded in every category they entered (Oratory [2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th], Declamation [2nd, 4th], Informative [3rd], Interpretation [1st, 2nd], Impromptu [1st, 2nd], and SPAR [1st]).
- Our middle schoolers swept the October Policy tournament (1st through 5th place teams; 1st through 10th place speakers).
- We won Outstanding Small Delegation at the Triton MUN competition (as well as Best Delegate and a Verbal Commendation).
- Our students made octofinals in LD and finals in Extemp at Quarry Lane.
Our first early bird discount expires at the end of November. Don't miss your opportunity to sign up for the best speech, debate, mock trial, MUN, and college admissions counseling in the country!