College Counseling Is Around the Corner!Mar 19, 2022
Website UpdatesWe're having a Sunday seminar in Eastvale (3/20/22)!
WHAT: An informational seminar for parents of 1st-12th grade students.
WHERE: Eastvale Academy (5337 Hamner Ave #704, Eastvale, CA 91752)
WHEN: Sunday, March 20th 2022 (11 AM to 2 PM PST)
HOW: Sign up by registering HERE.
We're pleased to welcome more in-person sites to the ModernBrain family, including Eastvale in Southern California. Eastvale classes are taught by coach Ari, an award-winning collegiate Mock Trial competitor, an executive board member of Claremont McKenna's nationally renowned Model United Nations team, and a coach of several state, national, and Tournament of Champions finalists at the middle and high school levels.
We are proud to offer summer classes in Eastvale, bringing championship-level in-person coaching to local students. All students and parents are welcome to attend. ModernBrain offers speech, debate, Mock Trial, and MUN classes, as well as college and private k-12 admissions counseling services. Join us and learn how we can help you succeed.
We are also excited to announce that we will collaborate with Damien high school, one of the top debate programs in southern California. The Damien admissions team and head debate coach will be with us to explain how speech and debate can be a great way to enhance your academic resume, and give you a better chance to get into your dream school.
Emily Wang (an eight-time National Speech and Debate Association middle school finalist, California High School Speech Association middle school state champion, published author, and member of our Nationals Team) will discuss how to start a program at your school, use speech in a college resume, and more.
ModernBrain doesn’t only excel at Speech and Debate! We’re also nationally renowned in Mock Trial. Both UCLA’s undergraduate program (which ranked 3rd at the American Mock Trial Association’s national championship and 1st at the Tournament of Champions last year) and their law school program (which has won several national championships) have asked ModernBrain's coaches for their expertise and support.
Last weekend, the UCLA undergraduates qualified to AMTA nationals (for the 24th year in a row) and the law school students were the only program in the country to qualify two teams to STAC nationals (1st and 2nd place). Mock Trial tests students’ critical thinking, organization, public speaking, acting, and knowledge of the law. We give students the tools they need to take back to their home teams in our Mock Trial class!
We won big at the Professional Speech and Debate Association's March tournament.
- Emme was 1st, Pyron was 3rd, and Miyou, Aluna, and Alani made semifinals in Elementary SPAR.
- Luna/Grace were 1st, Ava was 3rd, and Yuqiao was 4th in Junior Interpretation.
- Krishnni was 1st and Sophia Z. was 4th in High School Interpretation.
- Olivia was 1st, Krishnni was 2nd, and Navya was 4th in High School Public Address.
- Matthew was 1st in Elementary Interpretation.
- Aluni was 2nd and Alani was 3rd in Elementary Impromptu.
- Yuqiao was 2nd in Junior Public Address.
- Navya was 2nd in High School Impromptu.
- Garfield was 2nd in High School SPAR.
- Jason/Heidi were 2nd in Elementary Team SPAR.
- Miranda was 3rd, Grace was 4th, and Juliana made semifinals in Junior Debate.
- Yuqiao was 3rd and Juliana was 4th in Junior Impromptu.
- Jackson was 3rd in Elementary Public Address.
We continued a strong streak at the SCJFL Spring Speech tournament.
- Meera took 2nd and Izzie took 5th in Open Impromptu.
- Anna took 3rd and Suhana took 5th in Persuasion.
- Izzie took 3rd in Declamation.
- Kexin took 4th in Prose Interpretation.
- Noah took 6th in Open Congress (at his first competition)!
Our Lincoln-Douglas Debaters excelled.
- At the Marlborough competition:
- Ellie was 2nd, Ethan was 3rd, Jolynn was 7th, Yuri was 8th, and Ulysses was 10th in Middle School Lincoln-Douglas.
- Yuri was 3rd, Jolynn was 4th, Ellie was 6th, Ethan was 9th, and Ulysses was 10th in the Middle School Lincoln-Douglas Speaking Contest.
- Lucius was 9th place, and 8th Speaker, in Novice Lincoln-Douglas.
- At the Western JV/Novice Championship:
- Ethan was the breakout CHAMPION in In-Person Novice Lincoln-Douglas
- Lucius made semifinals while Ryan and Dixon made quarterfinals in Online Novice Lincoln-Douglas.
- Dixon was 3rd, Lucius was 4th, and Cailyn was 12th in the Online Novice Lincoln-Douglas Speaking Contest.
- Mason and Aiden made semifinals in In-Person Policy Debate.
We advanced students to the state championship in POI, DUO Interpretation, Original Advocacy, Student Congress, International Extemp, Impromptu, Oratorical Interpretation, Original Oratory, and Informative at California High School Speech Association league qualifying tournaments across the state (including the GGSA, OCSL, SDIVSL, WBFL, and TCFL).