California State Champions (and More!)May 09, 2022
State Championship Updates
- Luna was the state CHAMPION and Jennifer was 2nd in Dramatic Interpretation.
- Grace was the state CHAMPION and Anna was 2nd in POI.
- Audrey was the state CHAMPION, Luna was 2nd, and Meera was 5th in Declamation; Izzie made semifinals.
- Audrey was the state CHAMPION, Luna was 2nd, Anna was 4th, Meera was 5th, and Jennifer was 7th in Oratory; Anya and Kexin made semifinals.
- Meera was 2nd and Evan (our private student, affiliated with New Age Learning) was 4th in Impromptu; Luna, Izzie, and Angelia made semifinals.
- Evan was 2nd in Extemp.
- Izzie was 2nd in Informative.
- Grace AJ was 5th in Humorous Interp.
- Vivian and Jasmine made Public Forum quarterfinals. William/Aryan and Jeevpreet/Shiwen made octofinals.
Just one week before, our middle schoolers dominated the Southern States Championship, which featured 40+ teams from 15 states (as well as Canada and India). Again, we took home more championships (including top speaker awards) than the next three best programs combined.
- Grace was the Declamation CHAMPION.
- Jeremy L. was the Congress CHAMPION; Kira C. was the RUNNER-UP!
- Jennifer was the Dramatic Interp CHAMPION.
- Anna and Meera tied for the Oratory CHAMPIONSHIP. Luna took 5th. Arshia took 7th.
- Anna was the POI CHAMPION.
- Audrey H. and Iva L. were the Policy CHAMPIONS. Adam L. and Russell Q. took 4th. Braden Y. and Leo Z. took 6th. Iva was the TOP SPEAKER, Audrey was 2nd, Chenyue Z. was 6th, Russell Q. was 7th, and Krystal D. was 9th.
- Ellie S. was the Lincoln-Douglas CHAMPION. Dania was 2nd. Ethan was 4th. Simran was 12th. Jolynn C. was 20th. Ellie was the 2nd Speaker. Dania was 3rd. Ethan Y. was 8th, James P. was 9th, and Simran K. was 18th.
- Luna was 2nd Place in Storytelling.
- Mira J. tied for 3rd Place in Extemp.
- Meera took 6th Place in Impromptu.
- Eric Z./Ethan H. took 16th in Public Forum. Jeevpreet/Shiwen took 17th. Jeev was 11th speaker. Annie Y. was 14th. Jason Y. was 15th.