Daily Exercises To Improve Your Child's Speech and Debate Skills
Every week, we will add several new drills.
Note taking skills:
- Turn on Public Radio 89.3/89.9 and take notes for 2 minutes
- Advanced version. Take notes and write questions at the same time
- Every week, add 1 minute to your practice until you can take accurate notes for 7 minutes.
- Students should take notes using the "flow technique" which includes the use of shorthand and symbols.
This week 's ARESR homework is:
- Choose 1 value
- For example: Fairness, Happiness, Economic Benefit, Justice, Truth, Progress, Strength, Courage etc
- In ARESR form, make an argument from that value. The ARESR should answer these questions: What is your value? Why is it important?
- Simply follow the form.
- Bonus points for using evidence in the example. Provide a link to wikipedia, articles, or something like the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Students only need to do one ARESR this week
SEEi Homework. Complete 2 SEEi this week.
- Find and interesting topic from art, math, science, film, or your favorite book
- Do an SEEi on "What is the most important thing that I learned from this story?"
- Follow the form